The Ultimate Guide to Creating an Efficient Travel Management Program
Managing your company’s travel program can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to small and mid-sized companies, who’s travel spend may limit the scope of your program and bargaining power with suppliers.
The good news is, there are now many travel solutions geared towards small and mid-sized businesses, and this series will guide you through the entire process. In the next few weeks we will outline how to create, manage and achieve an efficient travel management program that will have an immediate positive impact across your organization. Every week we will focus on a different area of your Travel Program needs, creating a comprehensive guide that will achieve proven results.
Checklist to creating an effective Travel Management Program:
- Understand company travel culture
- Create a Travel Policy that fits your needs
- Find a reliable Travel Management Company partner
- Discover the advantages of booking technologies
- Find air, hotel and car rental suppliers
- Establish which payment system is best for you
- Determine the benefits of expense tools
- Realize the value of reporting
Taking all the items above into consideration will not only provide you with a complete Travel Management Program, but offer 3 main benefits:
- Create a defined and enforceable process that is manageable for you
- Provide a seamless end-to-end travel experience for your employees
- Allow you to capture data and maximize your ROI